Thursday, January 24, 2008

Little Joys in Life...

Today Elise and I went to Wal-Mart, mostly to just get out of the house and have a change of scenery. We picked up a few frames to display some pictures and I wanted to see what kind of selection they had for children's books. As we entered the book aisle, Elise suddenly starts getting really excited - almost screaming! This is very rare - especially in public. She's usually a very relaxed, somewhat complacent shopping buddy, but not today. Across from the books is a display of huge teddy bears - right at her eye level. So, we strolled over to see these bears, and her excitement kept getting louder and louder. Who knew that she would recognize something she would like and let me know? Well, long story short - we brought home a bear. I know what you're thinking...today it's a stuffed bear - in a few years it might be another furry creature that needs house training. I don't feel that I'm the kind of person to give into her every whim - but this was the first time I've seen such a reaction from Elise. The enthusiasm continued at home. In fact, when I pulled the bear out of the bag - she got so excited again. I've posted a little video clip (what I could catch) of her playing with her new bear. I guess this week we'll have to come up with a name for this new treasure.
Hope you enjoy some of these pictures showing her delight.

1 comment:

jahanschen said...

What cute pictures and video! Will does the same thing with this big dog that Ian gave him =) I saw in the background that Elise has the same Jumperoo as Will. Aren't they great?