

Well, another week has gone by - where does all the time go? This past week was good - nothing out of the ordinary. Elise has become so busy lately, we can't hardly get her to look at the camera when there are toys to be played with...and this also carries over to meal times, getting dressed, changing a diaper - she's so busy exploring and trying to move about, that these small, everyday tasks become more challenging just to keep her in one place. She now loves to move doors -opening & closing, and she likes to take a toy in her hand and push it along the floor as she crawls with it. These are just a few things going on here.On Saturday Elise and I went to Home Depot & on our way we called Curt to see if he'd like to come along - and so we stopped by and picked him up. We picked up a couple tomato plants, some sweet basil plants & when he helped me load the soil bags into our cart he looked at me and said - "Now I know why you wanted me to come along." I just smiled. Normally John would have been on this trip with us, but he was at a client meeting.
I'm getting excited to do a little spring planting, but nothing too daunting. I've also decided that if I'm going to plant it in the ground, I'd like to only use perennials and let them come back year after year. I've got to be more selective as well since we'll live with it longer than one season, and I've got full sun in many places, so that also is a bit more limiting.
I've also been excited to do more shopping at Trader Joe's in the last couple weeks - it recently opened in Charlotte & I'm finding lots of great buys & yummy things. If any of you are expert shoppers there, I'm always looking for good, easy meals. So far we all (including Elise) enjoy the Pesto Tortellini bowl, and their creamy yogurt. Everything in their store is free of preservatives, and mostly all organic, too & for some reason just feels like we're eating healthier.
Hope you all have a great week, thanks for reading. I'm off to do a few things while Little Miss is napping!
No comments:
Post a Comment