We have been busy organizing our closets, drawers and different space here in the last week or so, because we're making room for new house guests! After several months of tentative plans, my parents are officially moving to Charlotte! They were able to make some final arrangements last week Tuesday which freed them to make the move - and it's happening quickly. They are busy packing up their home and will leave Mt. Lake, MN on Saturday, January 24th, and they hope to arrive at some point on Sunday, the 25th. They will stay with us for awhile as they get settled and find a place.
Also - I had an incredible, flexible, part-time job opportunity fall into my lap in December, and I've decided to accept a position with a team at Merrill Lynch. I will begin in February working two and a half days, and my mom has graciously agreed to watch Elise for me. I am both excited and a bit nervous about how it will all work out, but I feel like this will be a good fit for my stage in life. My priority is first of all my family - and I will still be spending more time with them than I'm away from them. The work is mostly project based, and I'll get a chance to work with systems, databases as well as some of their marketing material.
So - there's an overview of everything that is happening in our part of the world! Have a great week.
2 comments:
Wow, what a great opportunity for you guys, especially with the best daycare you can ask for - a grandmother! We hope everything works out well :)
Such exciting stuff!! We were just talking about "the big move" last night and John, Dee and Mitch were reminiscing about the house. It's going to be a big chance, and I know you will just love having your mom around again!!
And, WOW on the job op! Congrats! Sounds like a great situation!
Post a Comment