Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year 2009

Life here is Charlotte is back to normal after a busy Christmas season - at least for a little while! Elise has been enjoying her little playhouse, however, as I post this, it has been moved outside so that I can have my family room back.
About a week or so before Christmas she started giving us big smiles when we pulled out the camera; squinty eyes, big grin, but in many of our pictures it almost comes across as a scowl? Where did she learn to do this? Pretty funny.
We stopped at Ikea on our way home from D.C. and picked up a duvet fill for her crib, so once we got home I used some leftover fabric to make her a duvet cover. She curled right up into it, and now she loves getting into her bed, snuggling and having her books read to her.
Musical? We're not sure yet, but she does love to sit and play at the piano. Again, you can see that we have the "smile" pose from her.

2 comments:

jahanschen said...

That face is SO familiar. Will starting doing that a few months ago. We don't know where he got it from, but he does it ALL the time. They are so funny!

Christa said...

Caroline makes the same face when she smiles! I have to tell her to open her eyes and smile. :) It's fun to capture these stages they go through.