Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, John!

John celebrated his 35th birthday on May 30th! Do you remember the show, "30-Something"? My girlfriend, Chrissie & I were discussing that we can't believe we're those 30-something people now....and John has definitely reached his mid-30's. We still feel young, and I guess that's what is important.
Elise was so excited about the DQ ice cream cake and she kept telling us it is her "favit."


Can you catch the excitement for this cake?


We had a relaxing weekend celebrating John's birthday. We hung up the hammock that we bought on our honeymoon in Mexico back in 1999 - and the silk is still as soft & beautiful as ever. Elise is enjoying this new "swing". We also spent an afternoon at Carowinds amusement park & enjoyed the lazy river, wave pool & funnel cakes. There's not much better than warm sun, water & fried batter...yum!

Playing with play dough is one of Elise's favorite "toys". Of course, she needs constant supervision, because I really don't want the colors all mashed together, so we carefully chose which color to cut out and play with, and then move on to the next one. I can usually tell that she's nearing the end when we're switching colors every 30 seconds....

No comments: