I have a fun little store I like to visit when we go to DC - the Thrifty Center. You never know what kind of little treasure you will come away with....well, on our last visit we hit the jackpot. Jodi and Elise spied this toddler-sized double swing with a canopy. The outdoor fabric was old, dirty & faded, but the frame was sturdy, so we took it home as a "project."

We had to take several pictures as we took it apart...to try to remember how to put it back together. I found some great outdoor fabric at Walmart for less than $3/yard...who knew they sold that there? So for a few cans of spray paint for the metal frame, and a couple yards of fabric to make the seat and canopy - we now have a great little swing for Elise in the backyard...and she can swing with her friends, too.

The finished swing.

Kaylie and Elise...taking a little time to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment