Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm always finding something to do....

I just love being at home with Elise, and being home has given me time to work on a few projects. I'm always finding another project to work on, and most recently I've just done a few small updates with new pillows in the family room & wall art in our foyer.


I've also readily found some of my problem areas. Does anyone else have these? Here is my problem closet. I need it to function in many roles - hang coats, store my sewing supplies, store my tablecloths, linens & placemats for the dining room/kitchen, as well as house some of Elise's art supplies like paper, stickers, etc. My mom loves to design & organize closets, so we've come up with a plan. Even now as I write, it isn't complete...but we've started and that's what matters.
Stay tuned for a makeover picture...

My dad came over to help me work with moving some of the shelves and hanging new ones, and Elise was thrilled to be helping out, too. It's been very warm here, so pardon her "attire."
Since we've been working in this closet, little Miss has also found all her winter gear & has been wearing it all around - including outside in the humid & 90+ degree weather.
This is the face we get when we say, "Smile, Elise"

This is another face we get when we say, "Smile, Elise."


What else has been going on here...we just got a new Super-Walmart that opened less than 4 miles from us! We went on opening day & it is so nice to have this convenience so close! Also, since Elise's most recent 3-year old check-up, the doctor told me that I can start to really try to limit her thumb-sucking by teaching her that this behavior isn't something we do, especially in public. She usually resorts to this when she's going to bed, but if she's bored, she'll relapse, too. I try to remember to explain before we go into stores that we are in public, and we shouldn't suck our thumb, and that we can get germs. So now, throughout our day she'll ask me, "Mommy, are we in public?" She's starting to catch on...but it's definitely a process.
We are getting excited for the Fall! Elise starts preschool the week following Labor Day. She will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and next week we will get a call from her teacher to schedule a visit in the next couple of weeks. I think it will be such a nice time for her to interact with friends & be in another environment for a few hours. Well - I'm off to get a list together to make dinner tonight. Thanks for reading!

No comments: