Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Last week after our busy Labor Day trip, Elise started preschool. She attends 2 mornings each week.
We got up early and had breakfast, got dressed and got her lunch packed and into her blue bag.
Bag in hand!
We've been talking a lot about how she'll get to go all by herself to play at school and meet new friends, and she was very excited to go.
Big girl!
The closer we got to school, I could tell she was quiet. They have a carpool line, and the director, Susan, helps each child out of their car with their bag & shows them to their classroom each morning. We had discussed this and she was ready to get to her class. I snapped a picture just as she was ready to walk into school, and after pulling away, I broke into sobs! I wasn't quite prepared for this emotion - feeling like I was sending her off on her own when she had only met the teachers and didn't know any other kids in her class....but when I came back after lunch to pick her up - she was all smiles and said that she really enjoyed circle time, and got to hold a puppy. It was very surreal to have her away for the morning and not know exactly what she did. I kept trying to ask her, but she didn't offer too much. Then, we got home and relaxed a bit, and she fell asleep for over 2 hours. It was a lot! So - we'll be back at it again this week!
First carpool! Ready for preschool

1 comment:

jahanschen said...

So cute! You know what? Emma has that dress too! So adorable :o)