Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Room for Elise

Box-pleated Scalloped drapes, Amy Butler Love collection fabric
With the upcoming arrival of our second, I've chosen to leave the nursery decorated the same, and move Elise into the former guest room. She wanted her new space to be pink and purple - and so we painted the walls Lily Lavender, and I found this Amy Butler fabric to incorporate a fun color scheme. The pattern is a bit wild, but I felt that it was appropriate for her room & it's something that will grow with her for several years. We've come up with a plan to lay out the room, but getting the furniture & decorating the walls is still a work in progress. I just hope to have it complete by April.
We asked Elise if she would let her new sister come in her room and she said, "yes, but only if I tell her she can." .....Ahh, and so it begins. She's enjoying having her new space to play.

No comments: