Sunday, January 14, 2007

19 Weeks, January 14, 2007



This week I felt the baby for the first time! I wasn't sure if it was the baby at first, but there didn't seem to be anything else that would have had this same sensation. On Friday afternoon, I was sitting at my desk at work, and felt very subtle pokes just below my belly button - then again when I was laying down on Saturday and Sunday. Friends have assured me that this will only continue to become more pronounced as she grows and moves. I also did a little shopping this weekend to look at ideas for decorating the nursery. We've talked about painting the walls a green color and doing pink and green accents. I think we've picked a fabric we both really like, and I'm planning to sew the bed skirt, panel curtains and bumper pads. I've also been doing some reading - Baby bargains and The Happiest Baby on the Block. There's so much to learn and get ready for - thankfully God gives us several months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John & Stacie~
So exciting--you are going to have a GIRL. You are very blessed. We pray for you often as you go through this exciting time together. Are you kidding--wait until you get closer to the end. She will be kicking and doing all kinds of things to come out and meet her mommy and daddy. Congratulations!
Bret & Sarah Walsh

jen said...

Stacie, you are a beautiful pregnant woman! John, I'm loving your pics. Prayers and love to your little lady. It is so nice to be able to keep track of you guys a bit via the blog!
jen (kappes)

Lutz said...

Stacie,Annett and I feel so lucky hearing of your Johns pregnancy!
Reading your blog sounds so good for us and shows us your really big confidence. We wish you and John all the best for you and your little girl! Annett&Lutz