Sunday, March 4, 2007

26 Weeks March 4, 2007





This past weekend in Charlotte was beautiful - we're getting ready for Spring to come full force. I can see my daffodils and tulips coming in - but we're just waiting for them to bloom. I have basically finished the curtains for the nursery - and I'll post a few pictures when I have them hung. I had an appointment this week, and everything looks great - a strong heartbeat and healthy baby. I was measuring approximately a week further along, so I was able to have another ultrasound and got to see our little girl moving and kicking. She looks normal and healthy - so that is a blessing. They haven't changed my due date, but it's something to keep in the back of my mind when we get closer to June. On Saturday we had Mike & Colleen McLaren stop by on their way through Charlotte - and we had a short visit with them. Also, we've been doing a little practicing for the baby - on Thursday this past week we watched the DVD of Happiest Baby on the Block - calming techniques for your baby. This is a great DVD, and so after watching it - John decided to practice swaddling on our boston terrier, Ceasar. We both laughed so hard we were crying. He was a good sport about it - but it didn't seem to have the same effect of calming him like it did for the babies on the DVD. All in all, things are going great and nothing too new or exciting to report. Hope all our friends and family in the Midwest are enjoying their heavy blanket of snow - and it doesn't cause too much trouble. Until next time....

1 comment:

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Happiest Baby on the Block really does work! I'm glad you found out about it BEFORE the baby comes. Also, check out Babywise. It is a life saver. Read it before the baby comes and with a grain of salt! I love looking at your blog, so keep posting!