Sunday, August 19, 2007

Summer Days of August

Elise & Kaylie (next door neighbor) have the same outfit thanks to our other neighbor, Teresa. I wanted to get a picture of the girls since we happened to have them dressed the same one day this past week. Elise had her 2-month check up and immunizations this week. I took a picture of her when we got home from the doctor - 4 band-aides for the 4 shots she had to get in her thighs. She has slept a lot this weekend, but other than that seems to have forgotten the trauma of the appointment. John came with us, because I didn't want to have to hold her down for all four.

Other big news this week is that I put in my letter of resignation at Morgan Stanley to be a full-time stay at home mom. It was a tough decision, but John and I feel this is where I need to be right now. My boss was very gracious, and he even offered to work something out part-time so I could stay on, but even that requires lots of scheduling and time away from my baby - and I just didn't want to juggle it all. I want to focus on raising our daughter
and see her discover new things. I am very excited about this new full-time job! I feel like my days fly by even now, and there's always something to be done. I'm grateful to have a supportive husband who is taking on the role to be the sole provider and allowing me to be home. That said - if any of you need or know someone who needs some design work - contact John. He is continuing to gather up business for his freelance business.
Friday night John and I went out for an evening alone. Our friends, Ben & Christa watched Elise for us. It was a fun evening - we went to see the Bourne Ultimatum at the theater. Today after church we came home and went for a hike along the McMullen Creek parkway here in Charlotte. It's a bit steamy here, but we put Elise in the baby Bjorn and took off for an hour. It was so nice to get outside and she loved looking up at the tree canopy. We all came home, ate and then took a long nap. Tonight we're just getting ready for a new week. I can't believe the summer is almost over - but it's been such a life-changing few months - no wonder it feels this way. Hope you have a great week!

No comments: