Saturday, January 12, 2008

Another month, some teeth & dark hair...

Elise has passed by yet another month - she turned 7 months old on Friday. John did his photography magic and took a little mini shoot to document this month's smiles.
Also, during the first week of January she started rolling over - stomach to back and back to stomach, both sides.
Since she's learned all these new tricks, she is anxious to try them any chance she gets.
Her other milestone is cutting her first teeth - not one, but two new teeth at the same time. (You can click on the picture, which enlarges it to see the new teeth). She seems to be a much happier baby since they broke through. 2 down, 18 more to go....what a long process!

We are almost 2 weeks into the new year - have you kept your resolutions? I typically don't make any, however, I have purposed to be better about meal planning and making healthy meals for our family & so far I've done pretty good. I'm always looking for quick, easy & healthy meals, so send them my way if you've found quick solutions for mealtime.

John and I watched the DVD special on Ruth Bell Graham recently, and I'm inspired by this woman of God. One of her mottos in life was to "do the possible, and let God do the impossible." This is encouraging to me - I can do what I can & let God do the rest. It's a wonderful, short little tribute to her life, and if you didn't catch the special on TV in December, I'd encourage you to seek it out.
Another new thing....I dyed my hair. I'm now closer to a brunette than a blonde. During & after pregnancy my hair was growing in so dark (my natural color) and all my ends had really blonde highlights, so I opted to get it all closer to one color....and I've been pleased with the result. John feels a bit like he's living with a different woman, and I think he'd like me to put in a few highlights, but this has been a fun change for me. I did it myself - which is also very daring. It's convenient and much cheaper than going to the salon & spending 3+ hours in a chair.



Well - that is all I can think of right now...hope you're enjoying the weekend. 'Til next time....

5 comments:

Toni M. Brandenburg said...

Love the hair...it turned out great!

Benjamin Brandenburg said...

And now, sweet sweet baby thoughts...

Elegant
Lovable
Incandescent
Sweet
tEether!

Marnee said...

Love the hair, Stacie! Very sophisticated. Our sweet baby has teeth! I'll have to look for my homemade teething biscuit recipe...
Love and hugs,
Oma

jahanschen said...

Your hair looks gorgeous Stacie! You look very pretty with darker hair. I too went from blonde to brunette when we got married--I got tired of all the hours and money at the salon! Elise's little teeth look great! I can't wait until Will's finally break through :)

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Those pictures of Elise are adorable! John does a great job!