Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...


Last week Elise started making more new sounds - "Da, da, die, die" and so on. I don't know that she's associated this word with John, but I concede that her first word or word sounds is "Dada."
They say that kids will master one thing at a time before moving on to the next thing - so she must have mastered that sound, because yesterday at breakfast she was starting to say "ma, ma, nah, nah, mum, mum." Again, I don't think she associates "Mama" with me, but she's learning how to say it. So cute! We hear her jabbering all the time. Above is a clip from bathtime this past weekend.

1 comment:

Christmas Rapping said...

Sophie said Dada and then Daddy for a *long* time before she ever said Mommy. I pouted about it a little but actually it was really sweet. And now she won't stop saying "Mommy!" "MOM-MEEEE! I need help!" "MOM-MEEEE! Come here!" "MOM-MEEEEEEEEE!!"