Sunday, April 27, 2008

Things going on here


This weekend I planted our summer flowers. I scaled way back and only put flowers in a few pots to save myself time later from watering and keeping up with the extra task. I'm amazed at how much Elise understands lately. I showed her how I would water the flowers & when I handed her the watering can, she showed me that she understood what I was talking about. Also, you can see the little video clip below - she's started to understand that she needs to put things away in the basket for the dishwasher. With all this new learning, she's also learning to get into things - and so fast! She decided to pull several books off the shelf & look through them, and then she moved over to the bathroom where she pulled every extra towel out that had been stored in the cabinet there. I'm constantly monitoring her, however, she seems to be able to do these things at warp speed. In the time it takes me to pull a load of laundry from the dryer & place it on my bed she has explored & pulled apart another shelf, cabinet or drawer.

The weather has been pretty good for getting outside, and so we've had lots of fun playing with Kaylie next door. Elise has been content to ride along as Kaylie pushes her in her little Barbie truck. Kaylie gets a workout, but she doesn't seem to mind - it's so cute to watch.

John has an exceptionally busy week ahead, and Elise and I have a few outings planned as well. Life at the Brandenburg's just keeps moving along. At times I still find myself looking for Ceasar when we come home, and with the passing weeks we're getting used to our quieter house; however, Elise is gradually making up for it with her babble. Lately it's been lots of "Mama, ma, ma" or "Dada, da" and she's really working on some new teeth, too.
Thanks for reading...later!

1 comment:

jahanschen said...

I have to laugh! Will's also getting into everything. He follows me around the house and wants to investigate everything in reach. He's also fascinated by books and pulls them off the shelves--especially Jered's jet books :) He hasn't tried to help with any chores though, hmmm...need to work on that, LOL!