Monday, July 7, 2008

Celebrating Independence Weekend

Hope you had a great weekend celebrating our Nation's Independence! It was pretty low-key here.
On Thursday afternoon John left work early and met Elise and I at Carowinds' Water Park. Then we headed home for pizza. I picked our first ripe tomatoes & added them with some fresh basil to our cheese pizza. After dinner, Elise went to bed then John and I relaxed & watched the movie, Vantage Point. On Friday we took a walk to a little park and played. The swing is one of her favorites, and these morning "activities" are helping to keep her occupied, since I think she is about to drop a nap and would rather take a morning nap & nothing the rest of the day, so we're trying to stretch out our mornings just a bit so that she will nap in the middle of the day....so far so good! On the 4th we ran a few errands, had BBQ ribs for dinner & then hung out with our neighbors as they set off some fireworks in the cul-de-sac. I had fixin's for banana split sundaes & they were a hit...I must admit it's been years since I've had one, and it tasted really good. Saturday was another day to get a few things done around the house - and Elise had her first bites of sweet corn...yum! Sunday we all took a long afternoon nap & Curt joined us for dinner in the evening....and here we are already at Monday!






No comments: