Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Aunt Jodi Visits



My sister Jodi drove down to visit us in Charlotte the last week of July. The week flew by, because we were so busy doing girl things!! We made a trip to Mary Jo's cloth store & picked out some pretty fabrics, and then ventured home to complete a re-upholstery project for a small chair she brought along....being novices at this, it was a little scary, but we began by taking lots of pictures and writing down the steps of removal, so that putting it back together would go well. We also took in a day trip to Carowinds & went camping for a quick weekend to the mountains (I'll make a separate post for that trip).
Paul & Jodi's dog, Bailey, came along for the visit too. Elise was in heaven! We were all shocked when one evening we told Elise to go over and hug the dog - and sure enough, she went over and gave her a big hug. Who knew she could understand? Another afternoon, she brought over the leash to Bailey and kept putting in on her back, so Jodi hooked on the leash & Elise walked the dog around and around the downstairs...loving it!
This is such a fun age...and we are constantly reminded that she knows more about what we're saying than we think.
We also met Curt for lunch & he gave us a tour of the Joe Gibbs Racing shop where he works. As we were walking around the floor, we passed a group of guys, and Curt quietly says, "That's Kyle Busch." And both Jodi and I ask, "Which one?" We've heard the names of these drivers, but I couldn't pick their faces out of a lineup if I had to. We also got to tour one of the trailers for Tony Stewart where they haul the car to the races.
During Jodi's visit, my ladies ensemble from church performed a couple of numbers, and it was kinda fun to have her there to hear our group. We've recently formed, and it's one of those groups where everyone blends really well & it's been so much fun to sing & be a part of.

1 comment:

jen said...

Bummer...I was hoping for an "after" photo of the reupholstery project! I've been wanting to get some old furniture and reupholster it to use as photography props. Haven't gotten the guts yet though.

I love the pic of Elise with her mouth up against the screen! Too funny.