Today it is 80 degrees & sunny! What a welcome day after the snow this past Monday.We enjoyed a picnic outside for lunch & Elise ate in her playhouse. After lunch she had to clean up, because she got the floor a little dirty.

She is such a joy. In the last couple of weeks I feel like she's just growing up so fast, and is such a little girl.This morning we were cuddling in bed after she woke up, and she leaned over to give me a kiss on the cheek - and kept giving sweet kisses & grinning. Her vocabulary is growing everyday.
This week she talked about how the dogs "Bark" but this is not to be confused with what sometimes happens when her toy is "Broke". She loves to take the dogs for a "walk" holding the retractable leash, and will call for "Magg.....ie"
Here's a quick update on life at the Brandenburg's. Adding hours away at the office each week creates a little more need for me to be efficient, but I'm working on it. I am learning new things each week while I'm at the office with my job. The group I work with is great, however, I still have a hard time leaving Elise on Tuesday & Thursday morning. She hasn't missed a beat - life as she knows it is pretty much the same - and my mom has done a great job with her while I'm at the office. She's even started sitting on the potty chair several times each day & is showing a lot of interest. Whoa...I'm not sure I, as the mom, am ready to undertake this...but we just keep taking a day at a time.
John has been staying busy, and continues to grow his design and brand building business on the side. My parents are enjoying the warmer weather & being with family here in Charlotte. They've even started singing in the choir at Church at Charlotte. We continue to pray for wisdom and God's leading as my dad looks for a job here. Last week Friday, I took my mom & Elise to Mary Jo's - a huge fabric warehouse in Gastonia, NC. We had so much fun & I made an Amy Butler Dowtown clutch. It was such a treat. I love having my mom here to go shopping with & share in those things. We are off to enjoy more of this beautiful day! Have a great weekend!
3 comments:
What a fun little girl. I can't imagine Ethan ever being that excited abotu cleaning!
Okay, you HAVE to post a picture of the Amy Butler bag you made! I'm getting ready to make an Amy Butler Swing Bag. It is my first time sewing in a while, so I am using Walmart fabric for the test run. But, next comes my Amy Butler fabric I have been hoarding!!
Hilarious! What a sweetheart. Oma & Opa really need Elise to come & help sweep our deck this summer. She already enjoyed doing that last September when she was only 15 months. Born to be neat...
Hugs, Oma & Opa
Post a Comment