Elise and our neighbor, Kaylie were thrilled to finally get outside a bit.



One of the joys of home-ownership is fixing things when they go wrong. (Insert sarcastic sneer here.)A few weeks ago, I was driving home and hit my garage door remote, and noticed that my door wasn't opening very fast - and as I pulled in the driveway, I could see the door was bending toward the center & getting demolished! John was away for the evening, so I called my dad to come over. Evidently, the spring that pulls the door open had broke in two, and completely pulled the door to the center as the opener was trying to work. Thankfully, we didn't have any cars in the garage...we would have certainly had damage to them. But, the picture below actually shows the door after we pushed it back out a bit to have some measure of security. I'm happy to report that after waiting 2 weeks for the door to come in, we now are even more grateful to have access to the garage for our vehicles and Elise's toys.
Last week I had one of my friends, Rachel, from Minneapolis visit Charlotte, and so we chose to visit the Latta Plantation near Huntersville, NC. I've never been, and so this was a good visit for me too. I was able to take her to some of my favorite spots here in the Queen City...Thanks for the fun!
1 comment:
This is pretty funny! Can't wait to see you soon! xox
Post a Comment