Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

We had a lovely weekend celebrating Valentine's Day. John and I had a wonderful evening out & enjoyed the freedom of only entertaining ourselves and having adult conversation.

We shared this creme' brulee cheesecake which I'm still dreaming about. We'll have to return just for dessert at some point. I should mention that our weekend started out with a beautiful white snowfall on Friday night. Around 5pm large flakes started falling as we were picking up our pizza and the movie, Amelia. My parents and brother, Curt came over to join us, and when the movie was finished - we had nearly 3 inches of beautiful, white snow on the ground. Saturday morning we got outside right away and did some sledding, snow angels and built "frosty" in the front yard. By 4pm Saturday, it was nearly all melted after a sunny, 49 degree day.
Here's our little Valentine! She was so excited to wear her "Valentine's dress."
On a whim this past week, I pulled out this pink corduroy fabric I had picked up nearly 2 years ago, and put together this jumper for Elise. Amazingly, I also had the blue flowers and matching ribbon. My only expense was the zipper....so fun! The second amazing thing, was that Elise loved to wear it. At 2, it seems she is very opinionated about her outfits. She also insisted on wearing the pink bow...even though it had gotten crushed in a drawer...oh, well.




We hope you enjoyed your weekend, too. Today is the start of another week, and my washer/dryer are working at full capacity. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Steve and Sara said...

I love the dress. She is so adorable.