Thursday, February 11, 2010

All things beautiful & sparkly



This is the name of the game (or phase) that Elise is in right now. She loves to dress up as a princess and received many fun dress-up options for Christmas. This past week, her latest addition to her dress-up wardrobe is 4 pairs of heeled princess shoes, and each day she asks for me to help her with her necklaces, and we can't forget the sparkly earrings. (They're sticker earrings).

I just love having conversations with her...and we're full swing into the questions, "But why mommy?" I'm quickly learning that I don't have to answer all the why questions throughout the day...or I'd get nothing done. Gone are the days when we could have a conversation around Elise and she would be in complete oblivion...she picks up on everything! She's also expanding her vocab to explain herself, and this week she was meticulously trying to lace a shoestring when she said, "I'm upset, Mommy! I'm frustrating" Oh, her little world continues to expand and she's learning so much.
Grandma June came over to check in and Elise brought her a pair of tights that had snagged and had a hole in the toe. Elise had tried to remedy the problem by sticking tape on the tights & was showing my mom. Well, just like grandma's do - she helped her fix her pink tights & darned the hole closed..thanks, Grandma!

No comments: