


Well, we got to see the sunshine today, even though it still feels like a cold winter outside. I feel like it's been one of the coldest winters I can remember since moving to Charlotte. I know, I know...many of you readers have been enduring a much worse winter, but I would guess you are ready to welcome spring as well. I picked up a pretty cotton summer dress this week for Elise...and she begged me to wear it. I told her it wasn't summer yet, but I conceded that will a long shirt & tights underneath...we could manage it today. She was just cute..I grabbed my camera. We're all ready for warmer weather and ready to be outside again.

We are getting ready to celebrate Valentines this weekend. John and I have plans to go out to dinner on Saturday night & I've been baking in my kitchen...partly to keep it warmer and also to get into the season of Love. We made chocolate heart-shaped mini cakes & Elise helped with the sprinkles. She just might turn out to be a decorator extraordinaire...she's very meticulous & neat. (Hmm, where did that come from?) For lunch, our PB&J's have also been heart-shaped. What would we do without cookie cutters?
Thanks, T&B for sending the fun valentine's socks...Elise promptly put them on and has been wearing them all day. Make sure you celebrate the ones you love this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment