John and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary on July 17. The past decade has just flown by, and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful man to share my life with. We drove to Dobson, NC and visited the Shelton Vineyard. We also went to Mt. Airy, NC the hometown of Andy Griffith & had lunch at Snappy's. As you walk down the main street they have the theme song (whistling) for the Andy Griffith show looping again and again. I think if I worked on their main street, the repetition of that tune would drive me crazy.
 |
| Snappy's Lunch | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Yummy Dinner at the Harvest Grill | |
|
We toured the winery & sampled a few of their estate wines, and our favorite was the Riesling. We had a wonderful dinner at the little restaurant on the vineyard & then enjoyed a summer outdoor concert there as well. The weather was raining off and on throughout the day, but it cleared in time for the outdoor concert.
 |
| Shelton Vineyard |
 |
| Beautiful views along the Blue Ridge Parkway |
It was such a nice getaway, and we are so grateful to have each other! Love you, John.
No comments:
Post a Comment