After returning from a wonderful weekend in Charleston for the Women of Joy Conference - Elise actually fell asleep in my suitcase as I was unpacking. Maybe this means she wants to go along next time? I went with several girlfriends - and some new friends, and it was such an uplifting, challenging weekend. Besides the wonderful worship with Travis Cottrell, concerts with Steven Curtis Chapman & Michael W. Smith - Becky Tirabassi spoke about her lifelong commitment to spend time each day reading God's word & prayer, and she challenged us to make a similar commitment. This is exactly what I needed, and I got her Daily Bible & journal to renew my commitment to be more consistent in this area of my life. As a busy wife and mom, sometimes this just gets put off, and yet I need this daily time to recharge and be challenged to become the woman God wants me to be!

Elise is in the "dress-up" stage, and here she and Kate had a fun play date.

We prepped Elise by telling her that she was going to have a princess party for her 3rd birthday, and she wanted me to dress up like a princess, too. Well, the only "princess" gown I could think of was my wedding gown, so we dressed up together....

We also celebrated John's birthday & it's a sure sign you're getting older when one of your gifts involves birds & trees...see the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment