Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007; 36 Weeks


What a great first Mother's Day! John gave me a beautiful diamond pendant as my mother's day/push present. For those of you who don't know what a push present is - this is a southern thing, or at least I hadn't heard about it until we moved here - it's a gift to the mom after she delivers her baby & I thought it was a great tradition. After church we came home and John made a wonderful brunch - his famous french toast, bacon, yogurt, juice & coffee. We ate out on the patio & it was a picture perfect day here in Charlotte. We are taking full advantage of being able to relax and nap whenever we want in these last few weeks - so we slept for over 2 hours, then got up and called our mother's to check in and wish them a great Mother's Day as well. We ran around and got a few things for the baby room - storage solutions & a pendant lamp to hang over the rocker/glider. Curt stopped by & John grilled steak & we had another fabulous meal on the patio & nice relaxing evening. I should really put a picture of Curt on our blog - he is sporting quite the hairdo these days - think Bob Ross without the facial hair. (You'll have to Google him if you don't know who he is) Curt - if you're reading this, sorry, I just couldn't resist. As far as news about the baby - she continues to move around, although I feel like everything is getting really tight in there & I've had a little more discomfort sleeping and getting comfortable; more heartburn/indigestion & more pressure and soreness on my ligaments and pelvic joints. I've noticed some swelling of my ankles, but it's definately more pronounced on my left foot. Other than a few discomforts - I'm still feeling pretty good, and I'm very thankful I won't be pregnant here in the Carolinas over the hot summer. I'm having a really strong sense that this baby will come early (who knows if it's sense or just wishful thinking). I checked the calendar & May 31st is a full moon and I've heard that for some reason several women go into labor when there's a full moon - gravity pull or something? But - I'm guessing she'll come 7-10 days early, sometime around the 1st of June. I guess we'll just wait to see. We'll keep you updated with baby news. I called the labor & delivery unit at CMC & they said that they have wireless internet on their floor, so we should be able to bring our laptop and send out a mass email with news. This week I plan to finish washing all the babies' clothes & I bought some cloth diapers that I'd like to embellish with some cute ribbon and use as burp cloths - and then there's just a few more things we'd like to get & I think we'll be ready. Take care - have a great week!

No comments: