Sunday, May 20, 2007

Full Term - 37 Weeks, May 20, 2007


The time has now come where this baby could arrive any moment - however, her parents-to-be would really like to wait until
at least June 1st. This past week has been pretty good. I'm noticing that my level of patience as well as irritability have been markedly declining & rising, respectively. We still have a few finishing touches to make the nursery feel complete, and each day/weekend we're making progress towards that. This weekend I made some flannel swaddle/throw blankets for the baby as well as embellished some cloth diapers/burp clothes with ribbon just to make them a little cuter to carry around. On Saturday John and Curt went to play 9 holes of golf, while I went to the spa at Destination Maternity. I got a massage, and they have the coolest apparatus to allow you to lay on your stomach & get a back massage. I haven't laid on my stomach for several months, and it was really nice - not to mention the fact that all those sore muscles were massaged and treated with a little TLC! This was a treat - and I will highly recommend it to all expenctant women. I've been having some slight swelling in my feet by the end of the day - noticably more in my left foot. Here's a little trick the massage therapist recommended & I did it today and didn't have nearly as much swelling by days end: raise out your leg & write out the alphabet with each foot a couple times a day - this forces the fluids back up your legs. Great trick & it really works. The last couple of nights I've also been having baby dreams and they're basically about just what everyday life is like with a newborn. Guess you know what's been on my mind right before falling asleep. We're getting ready & more excited to hold this little girl & see what she looks like - and in some ways it still feels a bit surreal to think that this is our baby - not anyone elses. It's all very good & what a comfort to reflect on the verses in Psalm 139 - knowing that all the days ordained for her are known by God before one of them comes to be. We're praying for her life even now as we wait in expectation for her birth day!

No comments: