Tuesday, June 5, 2007

39 Weeks, June 3rd, 2007

Everything is ready! We just need the baby to show up. Here are a few pictures of the nursery - since I don't think we've posted any to the website.


On Saturday I took a sewing class to make this diaper bag/tote bag. It was a full day of sewing (10am - 5pm) but I finished it up, and I'm very excited to have it all packed up and ready to take to the hospital. This was the last thing I wanted to check off my list before - so I was sure that the baby would come the next day - Sunday - however, it just hasn't happened yet. John and I even went to PF Chang's for lunch after church & ordered this spicy chicken & eggplant dish which the chef's there swear puts women into labor - but nothing yet.

The bags are packed - and the car seat is in the Jeep - and the bassinet/travel crib is set up in our room. We're both getting excited to see what this baby looks like - just a matter of time. We've been joking that it's almost like waiting for the day of the Lord - we don't know the day or time to expect it - just to be ready! We have our email distribution list set up and we'll send out a notice with any breaking news - so stay tuned...and we'll update the blog as well.

3 comments:

MWolt said...

Hi, John and Stacie,

I just checked in to see how you are doing. It looks as though you are all ready, and I hope to hear some great news soon. We'll be praying for the safe arrival of the baby. Take care!

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

LOVE the baby's room! We check in often and can't wait to meet your little girl! My advice: Sleep while you can, paint your toenails, pack some yummy shower gel for the hospital, take a ton of pictures, don't be afraid of letting the nurses take the baby out of your room overnight (I WISH I had been brave enough. I needed to SLEEP!), stay in the hospital as long as you can because once you get home you have to get out of bed!

We will keep you in our prayers! Remember that epidurals are your friend!

jahanschen said...

What a BEAUTIFUL room! I hope that someday I'll be as handy with my sewing machine as you are. We are praying for exciting news soon--you must be getting antsy. We can't wait to see those cute little baby pictures up on your blog =)