

Elise is 5 months. She enjoys sitting and playing with toys and her neighbor friend, Kaylie. Michelle made cute little pants for Kaylie, and yesterday the girls were both wearing them so we had to get a picture. The other big news is that Elise now has her first cousin, Ethan Micah Muhr. He was born to Steve & Sara (John's sister) on Nov. 10, 2007. He's about 4 weeks early, because Sara was having high blood pressure and so they started her labor on Friday, 11/9. He was 6 lbs 10 oz and is in the NICU on the vent because he was having some trouble breathing. Sara is doing well, however, her blood pressure is still a little high, so we're waiting to hear when they may be discharged.

This past week has been one where John and I have been overwhelmed by God's goodness and provision for us. Last weekend I had been reading Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." I'm a planner and like to see how everything will work out, especially when it comes to finances and so when I can't see how that turns out, I like to try to do things in my own strength. This verse challenged me - just wait on the Lord. I felt like God was asking me to take one day at a time...and to rest in the fact that I had what I needed for today - He would take care of tomorrow. In short, I took that promise from God that He cares for me and knows my needs, and I watched in amazement as God met every need! There were 3 days in a row where I was overwhelmed by His provision. One example: I was looking in Elise's closet, and cleaning out the things that didn't fit her anymore, and that left only a few outfits. With the weather getting cooler, I was needing more warm clothes in 6-9 mos. Wednesday night, my sister Debi called and said that one of her friends at work (she's at Macy's corporate) is in the infant department, and had a bunch of brand new baby clothes samples 6-9 mos that she gave to Debi, and she would send them. I cried on the phone, because again, God proved Himself faithful to provide for our needs, and Debi became part of that answer to prayer! I still like to plan things out, but God is teaching me to trust Him for each day, and this is much more exciting to live in His strength than trying to do it all on my own. We serve an Almighty God who sees our lives and loves us so much that He wants to provide, and He has proven to be faithful.
2 comments:
Good news! Sara called to say that Ethan is off the vent as of 9:30 AM (11/12/07) and is doing fine on room air. He is, however, under bilirubin lights, so is wearing sunglasses now. Maybe one day we'll get to see Ethan's whole face! He is so sweet. Thank you for the prayers.
Love that Elise has a friend to play with. So cute!
Post a Comment