
103.6...It's not our favorite radio station, & not the temp outside - but it was Elise's temp yesterday afternoon when we went to the pediatrician. She was fussy Tuesday night, and I took her temp then & it was 99, and since she had been gumming on everything in sight I thought it was just teething. She didn't sleep well Tuesday & was extremely fussy & wanted to be held all morning Wednesday, so I took her temp again because she felt really warm, and it was 103. I called the Dr. and got in to see them within 30 minutes. They pricked her heel to check her white cell count to see if it was a viral bug or some other kind of infection. She didn't have any other symptoms - just a slight runny nose, which again I had contributed to teething. The results came back with a slightly higher than normal white cell count, so to eliminate the types of infections she might have, they had to catheterize her and take a sample to make sure it wasn't a UTI - I felt so bad for her. Thankfully that test came back as normal, so they sent us home and recommended that we give her tylenol and motrin & to keep her as hydrated as possible. It's probably some type of flu bug - so the next couple of days will be up and down. Last night she slept in her crib until 2am, then couldn't fall back to sleep, so we gave her more medicine & a cool washcloth on her forehead & then she slept with us the rest of the night and actually slept until 10am this morning. Who knows how today will go - I'm still in my p.j's as I type this, but we just take the good with the bad. "Mama said there'll be days like this..."
3 comments:
Oh, poor Elise! I hope she feels better soon! Let me know if you need anything!
Love,
Christa
Poor baby! I hope she's back to her sunny self soon =) Those flu bugs are nasty.
Glad you have lots of friends there, kids. We wish were there to help out. Give Elise a get-well hug from Oma & Opa. xox
Post a Comment