Elise and I flew to MN on September 13th to spend a few days with her Oma & Opa Brandenburg, and cousin Ethan & aunt & uncle, Sara & Steve. We had just beautiful, blue skies and sunny, mild days during our stay. Sara & Ethan took us to a great little bookstore off of Grand Avenue, called the Red Balloon Bookshop where they had a story time for kids & everyone walked away with, of course, a red balloon. We lunched at Cafe' Latte' - a great deli/ dessert mecca that I visited often during college, and it was fun to be at our old stomping grounds again.We were able to do a little shopping, and relaxing during our stay, and I also got to catch up with some of my college roommates, and old friends from our church there, too.
It's amazing how much things change, even subtly, over the years since we've moved away from Minneapolis...but it's still a great to place to visit, especially during this time of year.
I have to laugh at Elise, because as time goes on, I'm beginning to see that she's definitely a girly-girl. One afternoon, Sara and I were using the foot spa, and she wanted to take a turn...and loved it! We could hardly get her out of it...and she knew to push the buttons to make it vibrate and bubble. Watch out, John. You might need to learn how to operate one of these some day.



No comments:
Post a Comment