I realize I hadn't updated our blog in several weeks...and I apologize for the delay. In fact, my sister Jodi called me this morning and said that something must be wrong with our blog, because there still hadn't been any new pictures or entries, but what can I say? Life has been busy. And with that segway...We have a very busy helper around the house, too.Last week, I told Elise that we needed to vacuum, so she went to the closet where I keep it, and was waiting for me to get it out. She also has a little toy vacuum, and I noticed that once I started, she went to her toy box and got out her own mini vacuum to walk around next to me with it. It was so cute. She likes to copy what we're doing. This weekend I cleaned out and washed my Jeep, and of course, she wanted to be right there helping with the cleaning wipes, too. Then, this morning after she also tried to help me wash the kitchen floor - we were in the backyard cleaning up the flower beds and cutting back the spent lillies as well. She found herself a spot and proceeded to remove all of the pine straw from a little patch, I'm sure she thought she was helping - but you should have seen the dirt in that girl's fingernails. I think I'll be scrubbing them for days to get it all out. I'm glad she enjoys working with me and spending some good quality time learning together. I'm so grateful to be home with her full time to take advantage of these opportunities. There is some sacrifice, but also what a great reward! I'll never get these years back, and they are so precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment