Elise & Kaylie each with a snack cup on the pink chair.
This past weekend we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and headed to Sky Top Apple Orchard in Flat Rock, NC (near Asheville). We sampled the different varieties of apples and came home with enough to freeze & use in the winter, but not too many to overwhelm me.
Elise in the bamboo forest - great lighting!
There was also a petting zoo with a grey goose, some ducks, sheep & goats. Elise wanted to put her fingers through the fence...she loves animals!
John & Elise posing in a little playhouse at the apple orchard.
Life around here has been very busy. I feel like I'm up against a time crunch and have to get things done before winter comes...which really is many more weeks away since we live in NC.I've been in an organizing mode. After getting our little shed tidy with more storage space, I moved on to the garage and have re-organized all the shelves there & consolidated things so that I have more space. Next, I went through all of Elise's clothes that she's outgrown & put them away in labeled containers, and I told her that she can't grow anymore. I knew that kids come with lots of "stuff" but until you have to start storing it and moving it around....it's so true! Also this past weekend I decided to take down the exterior lights on our house (3 of them) and spray paint them since they were originally a brass/gold color and were beginning to look rusted and just old. I tried a textured brown rustoleum paint my in-laws recommended and the lights look brand new! Not bad for $12 in paint costs. My next "project" that I'd like to tackle before winter is to clean my windows. We'll see. I love the results of window cleaning...it's just the process to get it done - and the juggling of keeping Elise entertained so I can do it. So, that's what we've been up to - lots of moving and shaking to get things done.
1 comment:
Yeah textured brown paint! I finished spraying 12 outdoor wrought-iron chairs...but enough about that...thanks for the wonderful weekend update! Love all the pics. xox Oma
Post a Comment