For those of you who've fed toddlers, you know that it can sometimes be challenging. In the last several days, meals at our table have been a bit of a struggle. Elise will eat breakfast like a champ, but lunch and dinner are very hard to get her to eat much. She wakes up at 8am, so once breakfast is over between 8:30 -9am, I don't offer her a morning snack, since she eats (or I offer her lunch) around noon. Dinnertime has been the worst. I've offered her things she's eaten in the past, but now doesn't want...and we have tried distractions so that she would eat, and now I've just started praying for wisdom, because I am not willing to just give her Goldfish (which she will eat anytime, anywhere) and she needs a balanced diet of healthy veggies and protein.Well, I continued to pray for this evening's meal, because I was off to choir rehearsal, and John was taking on the dinner-duty. When I got back, I asked how she ate dinner, and he said, "Wait one second," and went off to get the camera...and to my surprise (and relief) she ate really well....finally! She had a whole turkey meatball, and a couple egg noodles....and then a corn dog with ketchup. Evidently, once John showed her how to dip her pieces in the ketchup, she was sold! So, here's his little video to capture this momentus meal - eating ketchup!
3 comments:
Wow...busy with the updates today. Great to see the pics from the wedding and life in Charlotte. How was the bridal luncheon?
Cute ketchup face :) Such a girly-girl with the foot spa and watching her diet. Will eats more than I do most of the time! Lol, they are such a joy!
How cute! She is loving that ketchup! Elise is growing up so quickly! I feel like I haven't seen her in so long. She is a beautiful little girl!
Post a Comment