We took a long weekend trip to Asheville, NC. John had to do a photo shoot for work on Saturday at The Cove (Billy Graham's Training Center), and so we decided to join him & take a little break from the heat in the Piedmont. The mountains were beautiful and cooler which was nice to take Ariana out a bit more and not worry that she was melting in her carseat. We drove up on Friday night, and my mom came along to help me with the girls on Saturday while John was working..and to enjoy a little get-away, too. My dad was on-call this past weekend, or he would have joined us as well.
 |
| Grandma in the middle! |
We walked around the cute little mountain town of Black Mountain during the day on Saturday and found a few treasures there.
 |
| Exploring Black Mountain, NC |
 |
| Elise's beagle came with us everywhere... |
 |
| Clean baby 9 weeks old |
I don't know that I would say it's especially relaxing to go away with a newborn, but she did pretty well on her first weekend getaway.
 |
| Relaxing & watching a little TV |
Our hotel did have a nice little pool to enjoy & Elise was a little fish! She loved to swim around in her vest. John helped me with Ariana & I was able to enjoy the pool, too.
 |
| Poolside - John & Ariana |
 |
| Our little swimmer |
John and I celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday, July 17th. It's hard to believe it has been that many years, but I also feel as though I can hardly remember what life was like before we were together. Love you, babe. Thanks for the weekend away. We are in the busy, busy life-stage with small children & this anniversary trip looked much different than previous years of romantic dinners and relaxing poolside with a great book soaking in the sun, but those get-aways will return.
 |
| It takes a lot of stuff...even for a few nights away |
On our way home we took a gorgeous drive on the parkway & it must have been just too much for Elise. There were so many twists and turns on our way down the mountain, I felt sick. It might have also been my turning around to have Ariana drink a bottle to keep her comfortable with all the pressure changes, too...All in all, it was nice to have a little change of scenery & do something out of our normal routine.
 |
| Tuckered out... |
No comments:
Post a Comment