Well, we may have a break through - or simply God's grace to answer our prayers for Ariana. The last 36-48 hours have been very good. Monday night she went to sleep around 8pm & was up at 12, 3, 6 & finally at 8am (every 3 hours) but only took 15-30 minutes to sooth each time and seemed much more rested in the morning. I've been watching her closely to see signs of sleepiness & have been putting her down again & got a great morning nap & an OK afternoon nap; then last night she went down at 8pm & slept until 3am; 30 minutes to sooth/feed to sleep & then awake at 7am. I can live with this! And as I type, she is again down for her morning nap. Thank you, Jesus, for answering our prayers.
On Sunday night I was talking with some neighbors in the next cul-de-sac & one of the mom's said that she had to cut out all dairy from her diet while she was nursing her daughter & she was much more comfortable. So, I decided to try it out for myself, even though the test was negative for a milk protein allergy. I've been very careful about avoiding dairy since Sunday night & this may or may not be a contributor to our happier baby. I'll try this for a week, then slowly bring it back into my diet & see if there is a difference? I miss my creamer in my morning coffee...
 |
| Ariana - 11 weeks |
It becomes very important with the second baby to find a place for her to play while I help Elise or just keep our household running. Ariana has been holding her head up well for several weeks, so I got out the exer-saucer & she does really well. This was one of my great garage sale finds this Spring! I bought it from a grandmother who had bought it for her granddaughter & it had only been used a handful of times.
 |
| Good morning, sunshine! |
It's been high 90's and with the heat index and humidity, we've pretty much just been staying indoors, however, during Ariana's nap, Elise and I went outside and rode around the cul-de-sac together just to get a little vitamin D. She and Kaylie had so much fun...even though we could only stand the heat for about 45 minutes!
 |
| Follow the leader! |
 |
| Elise - 4 years old |
No comments:
Post a Comment