This past weekend, I was able to get away for 24 hours with my girlfriends, Christa & Alexia.I have to document this, because it was the first time I've been away overnight from Elise since she was born - and it was such a great refresher! We went out to dinner at Cantina Friday night, and our friend, Elizabeth, was also able to join us (sorry..I didn't get a pic with you, Elizabeth)
before we went on to Columbia, SC. Alexia's in-laws have a huge house, and were out of town, so we were able to relax there and chat until too late at night...but we didn't have any responsibilities the next morning, so it was great! We had a leisurely breakfast, and then did some of the normal "girly" sleepover things, like makeup and hair. We grabbed lunch at Five Guys and then went to the Fireproof at the theater. It was a great movie. Our afternoon quickly got away from us, and before we knew it, we were on the road home with DQ in our hands & our babies, husbands and responsibility waiting at our front door. It was a great time...and we really need to do this more often!
1 comment:
Our "24 hours away" was fun! Glad we got to spend some time chatting and catching up! I forgot what is was like to eat out without the interruptions of a little one! It's funny, I can see the smoke from my fahitas in this picture. :)
Christa
Post a Comment